DeKalb announces Memorial Day residential sanitation collection scheduleThe DeKalb County Sanitation Department. Photo by Dan Whisenhunt
Decatur, GA – In observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 31, garbage, recyclable materials and yard trimmings collection for residential customers will run one day late, a press release announced. The schedule will be as follows:
- Monday, May 31 – Memorial Day observed. No sanitation collection service.
- Tuesday, June 1 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Monday, May 31, will be serviced on Tuesday, June 1.
- Wednesday, June 2 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Tuesday, June 1, will be serviced on Wednesday, June 2.
- Thursday, June 3 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Wednesday, June 2, will be serviced on Thursday, June 3.
- Friday, June 4 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Thursday, June 3, will be serviced on Friday, June 4.
The North Transfer Station will be open from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Monday, May 31. The Central Transfer Station and Seminole Road Landfill will be closed on Monday, May 31, reopening on Tuesday, June 1, during normal operating hours.
For more information, contact the Sanitation Division’s Customer Care team at 404-294-2900 or [email protected] , visit www.dekalbsanitation.com , or follow the Sanitation Division on Twitter @DKalbSanitation.
The Tucker Observer is a new community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
For more Tucker news, follow us on Facebook by clicking here. Follow us on Twitter by clicking here.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.