DeKalb Summer Camp registration now openA map of DeKalb County, GA. Image obtained via Google Maps
Decatur, GA – The DeKalb County Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs has opened registration for “Camp Superstars” summer camp program, a press release announced.
Camp Superstars, a summer day camp for ages 5-15, runs June 14 to July 30, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. The camp fee is $66 per week, and breakfast and lunch are provided.
Park staff will meet campers outside all recreation centers for curbside drop-off and pickup. Parents will not be allowed to enter the facility during operating hours. All campers are required to be screened for temperature checks and must wear a mask while indoors.
Children who participate in Camp Superstars will experience a variety of activities including swim lessons, arts and crafts, fun with nature, sports, health and wellness clinics, team games and more. Registration is limited this year to allow us to create small groups and is on a first-come, first serve basis.
Online registration will be available at www.dekalbcountyga.gov/parks. These recreation centers will be open for registration:
– Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
– Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
– Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale, GA 30079
– Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia, GA 30058
– Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur, GA 30033
– Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032
– N.H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA 30032
– Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale, GA 30079
To see the county’s other camps, click here.
For more information, contact LaShanda Davis, Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs public relations specialist, at 404-371-3643 or [email protected].
The Tucker Observer is a new community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
For more Tucker news, follow us on Facebook by clicking here. Follow us on Twitter by clicking here.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.