Dad’s Garage announces reopening and in-person shows starting July 16Dad’s Garage Theatre. Photo courtesy of Dad’s Garage.
Atlanta – Dad’s Garage will soon be holding live performances, the theater announced.
“We’ve waited over a year to say this: Dad’s Garage Theatre is excited to welcome patrons back into our loving lobby for live laughs! Starting July 16th, patrons can watch Dad’s Garage improv shows every Friday and Saturday night at 8pm in-person at our theatre,” Dad’s Garage said in a press release. “In order to prioritize patron, performer, and staff safety, this will be a partial reopening with masks.”
Tickets go on sale Friday, June 25 at 8am, and since the theatre will be operating at reduced capacity, patrons are encouraged to purchase early (and often) to guarantee their spot. This return to in-person programming will start with fan-favorite improv shows, the press release says .SCANDAL: Sealab (an improvised soap opera which continues week to week) leaves the screen and returns to the stage on Fridays at 8 p.m. Dad’s longest-running improv show, TheatreSports, continues Saturdays at 8 p.m.. For now, there will be no 10:30pm shows or Thursday performances. Dad’s Garage will announce when we return to full schedule, but at this time no date has been set.
“During the pandemic, Dad’s Garage has worked to upgrade our facility to be fresh, clean, and safe for all to enjoy,” the press release says. “These upgrades include touchless restroom facilities, touchless hand sanitizer dispensers, antimicrobial electrostatic fogging to clean all surfaces pre and post show, and a Cold Plasma air purification system for the entire building.
“In addition to our reopening, Dad’s Garage will return to offering in-person improv classes for the general public beginning in August. Maskless and masked class options will be available. Our Diversity and Inclusivity Scholarship is currently open, which provides free improv classes for selected students. Click here to learn more about how to apply. We also have new corporate training options for companies returning to work after the pandemic. Click here to learn more about our new corporate workshops.”
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DAD’S GARAGE REOPENING*:
– We will be offering limited capacity in the theatre. Only 50% of our seats will be sold each night.
– All seating is “open seating” so that patrons can choose where to sit based on their own social distancing comfort level.
– Everyone will be required to wear masks while in our space. There are no vaccine requirements (…but we sure do love ’em!).
– Our bar and concessions will be open with the same offerings as pre-pandemic.
– We prefer cards for all payments. Please avoid using cash if possible.
– Our Lobby will open at 7pm for all Patrons.
– Our performers have to be vaccinated to be on our stage, so they won’t be wearing masks!
* Any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against this premises owner and operator for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanton misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the individual or entity of the premises.
Source: Dad’s Garage