DeKalb Police to celebrate National Night Out on Oct. 5A DeKalb County Police vehicle. Photo by Dean Hesse.
Decatur, GA – On Tuesday, October 5, the DeKalb County Police Department will join community members and participate in the fall edition of National Night Out (NNO), a press release said. Residents are asked to join police as the celebrations will kick off at 4 p.m. with some ending at 8 p.m. in the following communities.
– Beacon Mountain Subdivision, 4 p.m., 4661 Lantern Ct., Lithonia
– Pepperwood Subdivision, 5 p.m., Pepperwood Lane, Stone Mountain
– Deer Creek Subdivision, 690 Malvern Blvd, Stone Mountain
– Cove Lake Estates, 5:30 p.m., 1880 Cedar Grove Rd., Conley
– Les Chateau, 5:30 p.m., 4113 Rue Antoinette, Stone Mountain
– San Souci, 7 p.m., 1024 Sans Souci Way, Clarkston
– Green Park, 5 p.m., 2037 Weems Rd, Tucker
– Hughes Point, 6:30 p.m., Hughes Lea, Tucker
– Safari Woods, 6:30 p.m., Sable Dr. Stone Mountain
North Central Precinct:
– Shamrock/Laurel Ridge Civic Association, 6 p.m., 1267 Balsam Dr., Decatur
– Bradcliff Court, 6:30 p.m., 2386 Bradcliff Ct., Atlanta
– Flair Forest/Cravey Drive, 6:30 p.m., Corner of Cosmos & Flair Knoll, Atlanta
– Greenwood Acres, 6 p.m., 2915 Greenwillow Dr., Atlanta
– Springbrook Park, 5 p.m., 1512 Springbrook Dr., Decatur
Residents are also asked to turn on their front porch lights as a sign of unity.
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. Since 1984, millions take part in National Night Out across communities from all 50 states, U.S. territories and military bases worldwide on the first Tuesday in August (Texas and select areas celebrate on the first Tuesday in October).
The Tucker Observer is a new community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.