Decaturish extending Cyber Monday deal due to surge in new subscribersThe collaborative mural in the community area seen from the adjacent parking deck during the Downtown Decatur Chalk Walk on Sunday, May 16, 2021. Photo by Dean Hesse.
Decatur, GA — Decaturish is extending this week’s Cyber Monday deal through Friday, Dec. 3, due to a surge in new subscribers.
Twenty people took advantage of our offer of a $30 yearly Decaturish subscription.
Paying supporters get our monthly e-edition (delivered on the first of every month), access to our private communications channels on Slack and Facebook, free tickets to local events and exclusive deals from businesses that support us. More importantly, you’ll be paying to support the community news you enjoy every day. There are two ways to sign up. To sign up via PayPal, click here. You can also support us on Venmo: @Decaturish Please note: if you are using Venmo, please include your preferred email address with your payment.
Decaturish.com is published online from DeKalb County and in Decatur, GA 30030.
We provide news and information about Decatur and its neighbors throughout the Atlanta Metro area. This company was started with some basic ideas in mind:
– To promote responsible content creation, meaning that we will never ask our contributors to produce content for free.
– To create a site where our contributors will almost never hear the word “no” when they want to try something new. News should be interesting and innovative.
– To build a news product that strives to provide the same transparency we expect of our government.
– To maintain a news product that’s always accountable to its readers. Without you, we wouldn’t exist.
Decaturish follows the Code of Ethics set forth by the Society of Professional Journalists.
Additionally, we hold that:
– Crime coverage should be centered in a place of neutrality. Race should only be used when relevant and coverage should prioritize threats to the community and should avoid reinforcing stereotypes.
– We recognize that content on the internet is always accessible. As such, crime stories should be followed through the court system until there is a resolution. Because of this policy, we do not name crime suspects unless we intend to follow their cases through the court system until there is a resolution.
– Clear conflicts of interest, situations involving the publisher’s financial interests or personal relationships will be acknowledged and another reporter will be assigned whenever possible.
To learn more about the people who make Decaturish great, click here.
Thank you for supporting Decaturish!
Want Decaturish delivered to your inbox every day? Sign up for our free newsletter by clicking here.