DeKalb tag offices prepare for DOR statewide motor vehicles system upgradePhoto: DeKalb County Tax Commissioner Irvin J. Johnson
DeKalb County, GA – Beginning Thursday, Dec. 30 at 7 p.m., the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) will upgrade its Driver Record and Integrated Vehicle Enterprise System (DRIVES), a press release said.
During the upgrade, the processing of vehicle registrations and titling services, including e-Services and tag renewal kiosks, will be unavailable from Thursday, Dec. 30, 2021 at 7 p.m. through Monday, Jan. 3, 2022. All vehicle owners with expiration dates in late December and early January are encouraged to renew before Dec. 30 to avoid delays.
What to Expect: Thursday, Dec. 30, 2021 through Jan. 3, 2022:
- The tax office and the Georgia Department of Revenue Motor Vehicle Division will be unable to process transactions.
- All online motor vehicle related services, including online tag renewal services, will be unavailable.
- Motor Vehicle Self Service Kiosks will be unavailable.
How will this impact Georgia motor vehicle owners and drivers?
- Customers and dealers seeking services should complete their business at a county tag office prior to Thursday, Dec. 30, 2021 at 1 p.m.
- Dealers will be able to initiate electronic title and registration (ETR) transactions and issue emergency temporary operating permits (TOPs) over New Year’s weekend.
- Law enforcement will still have access to motor vehicle records.
Please note the DeKalb County Tax Commissioner’s Office operating schedule as follows:
- Thursday, Dec. 30 – offices close at 1 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 31 – offices closed in observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
- Monday, Jan. 3 – only property tax services are available at the office located on Memorial Drive; all other offices will be closed.
For more information on upcoming schedule changes, please visit the DeKalb County Tax Commissioner’s website at www.DeKalbTax.org. Follow @dekalbtaxga on Twitter and Facebook for updates.
The Tucker Observer is a new community news website owned by Decaturish.com. We provide locally sourced news about Tucker, Clarkston and Stone Mountain.
Want the latest news from the Tucker Observer delivered to your inbox every morning? Click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.
To become a paying supporter of Tucker Observer, click here.