The Weekend – Arts Festival returnsA photo from the 2013 Decatur Arts Festival, courtesy of the Decatur Arts Alliance.
Memorial Day weekend is always busy in Decatur.
– This weekend, May 24 and 25, Decatur Arts Festival will take over the city’s downtown.
The annual event draws thousands to the square for music, food and – of course – art.
Hours are 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday and 11 am to 5 pm on Sunday. It’s free to attend. The event is put on by the Decatur Arts Alliance and organizers are suggesting that people ride MARTA into town. There will also be a “bike valet” service.
There is free parking in the county deck at West Trinity Place behind the county courthouse. To download the 2014 Festival program, click here.
– Also, Decatur pools open on Saturday, May 24.
– Every Saturday in May is Concerts on the Square in Decatur, GA. The event is hosted by the Decatur Business Association from 7 pm to 9:30 pm. The May sponsor is the Downtown Development Authority. This Saturday, it’s Troy Cono Band • May 24.
– Chris Billingsley, aka Mr. B, sends along the following announcement about Memorial Day Activities in the Decatur cemetery. He writes, “If you would like to help place flags and/or flowers on the graves or memorials in the Decatur Cemetery in honor of those who were killed while serving in the military as part of your Memorial Day Weekend activities, please contact Chris Billingsley at email@example.com.”
Mr. B says you can also attend one of these events:
Sunday, May 25, 6:00 P.M. Place Flowers On Graves- Meet at same location described above, Veteran’s Rock.
Monday, May 26, 5:00 P.M.- Brief Remembrance Ceremony. “Afterwards we will pick up all flags and flowers from the graves,” Mr. B says.
– Avondale Estates Farmers Market is held each Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm at the parking lot of Little Tree Art Studios located at 2846 Franklin St.
Have an event you’d like to add? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org