Decatur BBQ Blues & Bluegrass Festival returning this weekendA crowd dances in front of the main stage at the Decatur BBQ, Blues, & Bluegrass Festival. File Photo by Steve Eberhardt
The 19th annual Decatur BBQ Blues & Bluegrass Festival will take place this Saturday, Aug. 10, at a new location.
For the first time, the festival will occur at Legacy Park – the former United Methodist Childrens Home – located at 500 S. Columbia Drive.
“This is the year we go to another level of an experience for our attendees. The space, greenery and overall size of our new site has us excited about not only this year but the long-term success of this festival,” Michael Vajda, the festival’s director, said.
The festival will take place from 1 p.m. until 9 p.m. Pre-event tickets are now on sale for $15 each here. Day-of tickets are $20, and kids aged 12 and under are free. Tickets include entry, so food and drinks must be purchased separately.
The band schedule is as follows:
- 2:00 – 2:45: Honeywood
- 3:00 – 3:45: Campbell Station
- 4:00 – 4:45: Roxie
- 5:00 – 5:45: Grizzly Goat
- 6:00 – 7:15: Sandra Hall (Empress of the Blues)
- 7:30 – 9:00: Randall Bramblett
No parking is available on-site, but the festival will have a free shuttle service operating as follows:
- Free Shuttle from Oakhurst (corner of Hill/Oakview) to the festival from 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. (every 20 minutes)
- Parking is available at the Friends School (862 S. Columbia Dr, Decatur, GA 30030)
- Limited street parking is available nearby
- Attendees are encouraged to walk, bike (bike valet on premises), or take the shuttle